Medicare is a federally funded insurance program for eligible participants:
- People 65 or older
- People under 65 with certain disabilities
- People of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) – (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or kidney transplant
The different parts of Medicare help cover specific services.
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) helps cover:
- Inpatient care in hospitals
- Skilled nursing facility care
- Hospice care
- Home health care
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) helps cover:
- Services from doctors and other health care providers
- Outpatient care
- Home health care
- Durable medical equipment (like wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds, other equipment and supplies.
- Many preventive services (like screenings, shots, yearly “Wellness” visits)
Part D (Prescription drug coverage) – Part D plans are run by private insurance companies that follow rules set by Medicare.
- Cost of prescription drugs
* Medicare does not cover 100% of all your insurance costs.
Medicare may not cover certain services you may need thus you will have to pay out of pocket unless you have a Medicare health plan or some other insurance that covers them. Purchasing the right insurance plan can be challenging and there are lots of questions before you enroll in Original Medicare.
There are decisions to make and you wonder which way to go.
- Is a Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan best for you?
- What about Part D – your prescription drug plan coverage?
- If already in Medicare, do you have the correct plan in place?
Your needs and financial situation change over time, it is important to educate yourself. Understanding and reviewing your health plan and prescription drug coverage every year will help you decide if the same plans are still right for you. Taking the time today to call Patricia Errico – a licensed agent – may save you time and money. Let Patricia help you find the Medicare Plan that fits your healthcare needs while protecting your finances.
Patricia Errico helps you select Medicare options with a range of products:
- Medicare Advantage Plans (MAPD)
- Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap)
- Prescription Drug Plans (PDP)
- Long Term Care (LTC)
Making Sense of Medicare
- Are you turning 65 soon?
- New to Medicare?
- Confused about your options?
- Got Medicare and MediCal?
- Is your plan going away?
- Retiring/Losing employer benefits?
- Need to review your existing plan benefits?
- Do you know if your current plan is the best option for you?
Medicare does not cover 100% of all your medical expenses. Make informed decisions about what plan satisfies your health needs and meets your budget. Discover a number of plans and options available in your area. Call our office today! at (650) 483-8550. * This is a solicitation for insurance.
Medicare and You 2023:https://www.medicare.gov/publications/10050-Medicare-and-You.pdf
Medicare y Usted 2023: https://www.medicare.gov/publications/10050-LS-Medicare-and-You.pdf
Your Medicare Benefits: https://www.medicare.gov/publications/10116-your-medicare-benefits.pdf
Get help with Medicare costs:
Need help paying your Medicare premiums and other costs? There are many programs available to help. Find out if you qualify, and how much you can save.
Check Savings Programs
By Calling (650) 483-8550 you will be directed to a licensed agent
* This website is not connected with the federal government or the federal Medicare program. We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.